Adult Learn to Swim Month
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 37 percent of adults in the United States can’t swim the length of a pool, putting them at risk for being one of the 10 people who drown in the U.S. every DAY. Many of these deaths could be preventable if more adults had access to organized swimming lessons, which is one of the major goals of the Swimming Saves Lives Foundation (SSLF).
For the third year in a row iSWIM Masters, along with masters teams all over the country, will be holding a month of low-cost swim lessons for adults in the Greater Lafayette community! iSWIM members will team up with their coaches to offer swim instruction to new swimmers once a week during the month of May into June. Lessons will focus on life-saving and basic swimming skills, but are not limited to individuals with little to no previous swimming experience.
- are afraid of the water
- are not afraid, but don’t know how to swim
- know how to swim, but get tired easily
- want to become a better swimmer for fitness or triathlon
- need to pass a swim evaluation for work or the armed services
- are going on a vacation and want to be more at ease on the beach or poolside with your children or grandchildren
This program is for you!
Lessons will be held May 5th, 12th, 19th & June 2nd from 2:15-3 pm. There is no cost to attend these lessons, but pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
Please visit http://bit.ly/swimlafayette to register! For questions, you may email email@example.com.